Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's misery and DS Extravagance by OPI

I had big plans for New Year's this year. This was my first 'legal' NYE since I turned 21 a few weeks ago, and the boy who has patiently waited for me to turn of age since we began dating was going to take me to Philly with a bunch of friends to party in the new year.

That is, until I woke up Saturday morning at five thirty as the boy was leaving for work, unable to breath. I've had asthma since I was a kid and knew that this was a simple, run of the mill asthma attack. Uhm.. no. None of my medication was working and by seven I found myself driving to my dad's house a half hour away so he could go with me to the emergency room. Five hours later I was out, exhausted but able to breath. In the end, I made it to about ten thirty before I passed out on the couch in the lap of my unbelievably understanding boyfriend.

But before this all happened, I had an outfit planned. And with every outfit, at least in my world, comes a nail polish. Enter DS Extravagance. DS Extravagance is a purple holo that blows my mind every time. It's that one nail polish in my collection that until I put it on, I always forget how amazing it is, but once I do, I just stare at it all day.


This color applies in two thin coats for full coverage and dries within ten minutes without the help of a quick dry topcoat. That's another one of the reasons I love this color.


On top of this I had the plan of 2012, a champagne glass, and a bunch of rhinestones but I obviously never got to it..

One last picture just to show you all the pretty colors in this polish!
So, what did you end up doing on new years? Did you have a polish plan like me?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know you but I'm glad you're ok. :)

    I keep seeing swatches of that polish and I now regret not getting it for $5 when I was in NYC.

    I went to 4 parties! And my nail plans went out the window when I smudged them So I ended up just quickly putting on Illamasqua Scorn and CG Tinsel Town as an accent nail.

    ReplyDelete